Website Appteon, Inc.
Innovative Thinking. Powerful Results.
The Data Architect designs the agency’s overall information architecture across multiple data types accounting for both structured and unstructured content balancing security, analytics, and performance requirements. The Data Architect oversees the flow of data model development including conceptual, logical and physical models, and must be capable of translating business data from wide variety of structured and unstructured resources into a usable enterprise information architecture, which may include data models, metadata schema, controlled vocabularies, ontologies and taxonomies. The Data Architect supports design of corresponding search engine for data retrieval, and works with the Data Warehouse team to perform source system analysis, identification of key data issues, and data profiling.
Duties and Essential Responsibilities (Technical)
Identify and document customer requirements and processes that support their business goals and objectives, utilizing a combination of industry best practices and Appteon’s standard operating procedures
- Must be able to work following agile methodology principles
- Have experience using Jira
- Converts business and technical requirements to functional solutions, effectively managing customer expectations relative to the standard Appteon practices; performs gap analysis exercises where applicable
- Develop user stories, epics and maintain a backlog of requirements
- Work with the development team in a collaborative fashion
- Support solution testing and documentation activities as needed
- Promotes organizational improvement efforts through the development of/enhancement to standard policies and procedures
- Other work-related duties as assigned
Provide a consultative approach with business users, asking questions to understand the business need and deriving the data flow, logical and physical data models based on those needs
- Must have knowledge of database replication, migration, and design.
- Must be capable of translating business data semantics into a logical model as well as provide technical direction to development teams.
- Must have advanced knowledge of modern software development processes and tools.
- Advanced knowledge of tools for automated data extraction and cataloguing of unstructured content in a metadata schema.
- Must have experience with metadata, data architecture, data governance, and data quality.
Technical Skills & Expertise
- Extensive background in database systems, with strong knowledge of XML, SQL, Python, Ruby
- Knowledge of application modeling languages / techniques (e.g. UML, OML, entity relationship modeling, DFDs) including the ability to create and read the associated diagrams.
- Ability to gather business requirements, perform analysis and establish/recommend a data integration architecture that aligns information systems to the agency mission
- Experience with agile/scrum is valuable, particularly the ability to work with business partners to review prototypes and develop iterative revisions
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a teamwork-oriented environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in both a business and IT space, as well as superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have experience in developing data model.
- Performance tuning of databases and SQL
- Must be able to write scripts.
- Must work with PM and BA closely to flush DB design.
- Oracle experience preferred
- Must understand data mapping and starting a project from scratch (Legacy modernization)
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree as related in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business scientific or technical discipline from an accredited University of College
- 10 years of experience with data modeling (conceptual, logical and physical model design
***Must be able to obtain and maintain public trust security clearance.***